Thursday, September 9, 2010

Enjoy This Season. It's The Last For a While


So the 2010 NFL Season started tonight with Minnesota vs. New Orleans.  And I'm enjoying this game and every game of this season because it's going to be the last season for the next couple of years.  Because unless the players stop wining or the owners stop being prudes with their money, there wont be an NFL season next season, or the season after that, or the season after that, and so on.  I hope a resolution is resolved.  Because, although, MLB is my sport, I'm better with fantasy football than fantasy baseball (just ask my girlfriend who has kicked my ass in Fantasy baseball the last 2 years by picking the players based on how awesome their names are or how cute they are).  So it the players, accept a salary cap.  It's what makes the game better.  MLB is becoming less popular because the Yankees are buying up everything.  That's not exciting.  What's exciting is that between the years 2000 and 2010, only 2 teams have won the Superbowl more than once, the Pittsburg Steelers, and my New England Patriots.  That makes it fun! Anyone can win! And to the owners, raise the cap.  Players like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson, and Chris Johnson should be making more money than they are now if they're the best in their craft.  If the two sides can agree, there will be a 2011-2012 season.  If not, hello boring fall and winter for everyone.  The NFL is important to this country.  The players and owners need to man up and realize that its about more than just money.  It's about the entire country!  You know what, cue Shane Falco just in case.




P.S. I know I haven't blogged in a long time (over a month). But honestly, who reads this anyway.  If i can get some reader feedback, I will post every day, at least 4 times a day.  Please start reading and commenting!! Then I will be there for my loyal fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment